Useful Information

  • Please feel free to comment on any post, but send us an email or give us a call if you have a specific legal question, as we cannot address your individual concerns here.

  • Copyright © 2005-2014 Bacon Wilson, P.C.
  • Disclaimer
  • Bacon Wilson, P.C. Website

Your email address:

Powered by FeedBlitz

Bookmark and Share

« The significance of Health Care Proxies and Durable Powers of Attorney for spouses and children over age 18 | Main | Crisis planning upon institutionalization »

June 17, 2009


Alex Magocsi

Attorney Darling:

I understand that the US spouse may transfer a certain amount of assets to the alien spouse without creating a tax event; assets here being cash, real estate or securities.

I am having trouble finding, on the Web, the US dollar amount that is allowed to be transferred on an annual basis (tax year 2012).

Can you fill in this blank for me?

Bacon Wilson Law

Alex, please direct your legal inquiries directly to Attorney Darling at:

413.781.0560 or

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.


Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

Your Information

(Name and email address are required. Email address will not be displayed with the comment.)